(This notes is from watching Microservices by Martin Fowler)
- Monolith: Coarsed
- Microservice: Combination, flexible
Definition of Microservices
- Componentization via services
- Organized around business capabilities
- Products not Projects
- Smart endpoints and dumb pipes
- Decentralized Goverance
- Decentralized Data Management
- Infrastructure Automation
- Design for failure
- Evolutionary Design
Details can be found in Microservices Article
- Independently replaceable
- Independently upgradable
Not organized by technologies
But organized by business capabilities
To get microservices working, infrastructure automation techniques like continuous integration and continuous delivery are indispensable.
Microservices need to be resilient, and tools are needed to test it.
The scope of SOA is too broad.
- Monolith: Simplicity, Consistency, Inter-module refactoring
- Microservice: Partial Deployment, Availability, Preserve Modularity, Multiple Platforms.
- Rapid provisioning
- Basic monitoring
- Rapid aplication deployment
- Devops culture